Sunday, October 3, 2010

oh weekends

Hi there!
This weekend was really fun...after my Friday night all alone, that is. I'm randomly not feeling well right now, but I just ate some Totino's so I think that I'll have enough energy to complete this post. Anyway, Saturday morning my alarm went off at 8am for yoga and I shut that shit down like the DOH. After I woke up at 11, I met Jamie who was being hipster and studying at Starbucks, we then got gingerfoodie, and went to State to watch the game. We got cheese curds, tuna tartar, and I got the greek salad with avocado that I've been dreaming about. Speaking of dreaming, the other night I had a dream that I was on Captain Hook's boat I wish I was kidding. He was sending people to walk the plank and the way to get out of it was to jump off the boat onto this like wooden board, everyone was going and they were making the jump, but then obv it was my turn and I fell and I was sent to my watery end. All I can say about that is WHAT THE FUCK?! So back to the state, all of our food was good and the greek was as good as I had hoped.
After State, in an incident that can only be described as abroad behavior, Marly and I went to see the social network. However, nothing is ever simple and I know that it was my fault, but we ended up on the wrong side of Illinois and we were wayyy far from the theatre. I hailed a cab as we would have on spring break in shitaly (hipster Batali reference right there) and we made it to the movie, which I thought was as amazing as everyone said. In a similar mode to my obsession with the fool of King Lear, I couldn't stop talking about the movie all night and I proceeded to tell everyone in the bar that they should go see it. standarddd. But seriously, Jesse Eisenberg was so good, like Adventureland good. So after the film, we went home and got dressed, I discovered that I had nothing to wear, and then in a similar shitaly fashion, Marly misnavigated us to BabaReeba and we took the bus two stops and then we had to get in a taxi anyway....and it was pouring pouring rain. After the misadventure, we had a greatttt dinner. Let me give you a rundown of all the tapas Marly, Jessie, Rachel, Jessica, and I ordered:

mixed greens, beets, oranges & goat cheese

ensalada mixta

local tomato salad with arugula & migas

ensalada de tomate con rucula y migas

roast eggplant salad with goat cheese

berenjena asada con queso de cabra

warm potato & onion omelette

tortilla española

goat cheese baked in tomato sauce

queso de cabra al horno

mushroom empanada with porcini alioli

empanada de championes

ahi tuna, shaved vegetable salad

atún y ensalada de verduras

seared salmon, heirloom potatoes, chimichurri

salmón asado con alcachofas y salsa verde

seared scallops, raisins, couscous & pine nuts

vieras salteadas

roast dates with bacon & apple vinaigrette

dátiles con tocino

meatballs with sherry tomato sauce

albondigas al jerez

sdfdpfg, yes....we were full. My favorites were the eggplant salad, heirloom tomato salad, and ahi tuna what a surprise. And we cannot forget my obsession was present--red sangria!!! Marly thinks that I'm obsessed with sangria and I have decided to go with it...I'm not ashamed!

After babareeba, we came home and drank...a lot. Then we went to Benchmark for David's bday and it was really fun and then we went to the bar next door to Benchmark and I met a boy that told me he was 42, 34, and 25. I pray he was 25 because he was a hot tall. While you may think the discovery of a hot tall would be the highlight of the night for me, please have more faith. When we left the bar at 2, we definitely did not go home....instead we went to Tempo Cafe which is 25 (typo, keeping it) hours and genius. I got the morning glory waffle--strawberries, blueberries, bananas solid. So we left tempo at like 330, went home I fell asleep in my clothes standard.

That brings me to today. I woke up, went to hot yoga at 12 during which I sweat out that entire waffle, then I came home and showered, planning on going to forever 21, but instead I fell asleep on the couch for about 3 hours. Let me just assure you that this is easier said than done seeing that our couch is made for a midget. I woke up and went to dinner with David at Riccardo Trattoria which was sooo delicious. Very authentic Italian, they make everything there, etc. Only complaint was small portions, but I think that's good sometimes. I got ahi tuna with an arugula salad and canellini beans. Very up my alley. David got orechiette pesto and then we had panna cotta for his birthday. And that brings me back to the couch, where I am currently sitting.

Goodnight and good eating,

hungry hungry hipster


No comments:

Post a Comment