Friday, October 1, 2010

the many definitions of hungry

hi there everyone,
so maybe I did this subconsciously when I named this site, but the double of hungry perhaps lends itself to the many meanings of hungry in my life. lately, the hungry hungry of "hungry hungry hipster" has taken on a new meaning than the original one intended to reference my gluttonous appetite...hungry hungry for a job. its starting to get really boring all of this doing nothing, and even though i have been keeping busy, i don't think that going to forever 21 every single day qualifies as a rewarding activity when it is done so often.
i've had some interviews at some cool restaurants, though. I went to meet with the manager at DMK Burger Bar which seriously sounds soo delicious. They have veggie burgers, salmon burgers, tuna burgers, and obv hamburgers, best part everything comes with free fries from 5-7...kind of like JD's cart comes with free fries whenever kate's boobs are around. DMK is very alternative and cool in there and i really hope i get the job...but i should hear by tomorrow and i haven't heard yet so who knows what will happen. Being a server would be really fun and easy there oh well. But today, even cooler, I had an interview at Signature Room at the 95th..which is a very high volume fine dining restaurant on the 95th floor of the Hancock building. Sickest views I've ever seen it's like you are floating in there. My ears popped majorly in the elevator going up and I got a little nervous, but after the el it was smooth sailing. The interview went well it was with two girls they said they are only interviewing a few other girls so maybe this will be it? I hope to god it is! The restaurant is verrry old school and in need of renovation but the windows and the view totally distract from that. The bar is on the 96th floor and the restaurant is pretty big, very touristy as you can imagine, but in the end..it would be a very cool place to work. So busy and we're about to go into fourth quarter so holidays will make it even busier, wow it would be perfect.
I've literally sent out a million resumes EVERYWHERE and I need to find something soon because then the hungry hungry is fast ecoming hungry like starving because I have no money. In other news, Abby and I got five faces for late night last night. so ghetto, so quesadilla, so solid. we went to mcfaddens and then just took a little detour into the shack..it was well deserved after immersive yoga of the day. for dinner tonight i had my absolute fave cranberry tuna from whole foods on seeduction loaf. tomorrow we go back to state for wiscoooo game then benchmark to partayy. until then, I'm watching a few good men...YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
-h.h.h

No comments:

Post a Comment