Thursday, September 23, 2010

fitness testing

Hi,
I accidentally skipped a day whoops. But something so demeaning happened to me today that I think this might make up for it. So I joined Equinox on Michigan where the immersive yoga is occurring and when you sign up they give you a free fitness assessment and then an hour personal training session...great! not so much....because today I went for the assessment and the trainer was very nice but in order to fully assess how out of shape I am--technically a body fat composition--he used a primitive tool that you only see in horror movies in which a pinching mechanism is protracted and then retracted around your fat. Yes...I guess I volunteered myself to have my fat professionally pinched by this poor trainer who was trying not to be awkward and I was dying of laughter and it was sooo funny I'm loling thinking about it. So after all was said and done...you know, my shirt was lifted for a pinch of my stomach, which I'm not going to lie I think it's kind of tight because of a strict regimen of yoga, core crunch, and sour patch kids (imagine if they pinched me during passport era!) And then the Jewish girl's nightmare...my arm fat! oy Jewish arms bedamned this tool should be outlawed I seriously cannot believe that such an elitist gym--"the owner of 900 North Michigan is a member here!"--has this in their arsenal.
Okay, so for the hungry hipster part of this, lets go through the past two days and figure out exactly where those "fair range" skinfold test results came from...yesterday after immersive yoga taught by a man with braces way too concerened with moola bunda aka pubic bone clenching core work, I ate the rest of my cranberry tuna from whole foods--how hipster? I'm so organic! Then for dinner, Abby Jamie and I went to Penny's Noodles in Bucktown so hipster chic love that area...I wasn't properly decked out with my glasses and acid wash, but when Jamie and I return to Big Star I will have ample alternative accessories. Penny's brought me back to my college days seeing that it is very reminiscent of Rising Sons in Madison--cheap prices, big portions, thai-ish food. yum. I got a vegetable pho soup with rice noodles and raw veg on the side that you drop into the soup. There was a lot of cilantro, but I pushed through it, added some chili oil, and got down to bizness. For lunch today, Jamie and I took her infant child to FreshChoice on Wells St. It was nice and cute in there. We both got tuna, but I got a wrap which proved to be a mistake seeing that Jamie's sandwich was at least TWICE the size of mine and I was jealous. Food envy I have such a problem.
I put together the rest of my furniture and it looks great!! THe lime green desk was an amazing decision and by the time I put that together I was a seasoned pro at Target furniture assemblage. Right now I'm watching Thintervention with Jackie Warner and her stomach is so cut wow. She definitely doesn't need her fat pinched.
Tomorrow night we're going to the HAnggee Uppppeee! Can't wait to shake my shit like Jones and then we're having many a houe guest. Brothel part 2? you'll just have to wait...but I'd prob bet on it winkface..happy birthday brooke!
xx,
hhh

No comments:

Post a Comment