Sunday, September 26, 2010

contaminated bathrooms

Hi everyone,
A big eating and drinking weekend just occurred so let's get to it. Friday night I picked up RA--this time with a more appropriate outfit--and then we started to drink. And by drink I mean an entire bottle of high class $5 wine from whole foods...aren't I so hipster chic? It was mediocre and I was drunk so we went to Old Town Social which was really really fun. I wanted to stop at Butch McGuire's on the way, seeing that they were playing Blah Blah Blah by Ke$ha and it was sucking me in like a magnet, but Jamie quickly pulled me away and set us back on track. The Social was really well decorated with high ceilings and dark wood and I felt like I was right back at Angelic in Wisconsin--there were two floors, we were doing laps, everyone was staring at each other and per usual I was the only one dancing. I may or may not have thrown myself at an architect because I told him that it was hot when boys are carrying blueprints and he was definitely scared of me. I had two more drinks at the bar and then the lights came on. The second we got home I fell asleep in my tiny tiny dress on top of my bed and woke up at 7am to change.
Saturday morning, Marly came in from the burbs and we went to State in Lincoln Park to watch the Wisconsin game. Basically we won 70-3 and I was not feeling my best, so I consumed an entire order of delicious cheese curds to ease the pain. We then got tuna tartar which was delicious and a nice big portion. We got home and MArly and I slept for a while, then we went to dinner at Feast in the gold coast. It was pretty good, nothing amazing. We then went home, pregamed while talking about toothpaste, and then we went to Hub for the North Shore High School reunion party, or so Marly and Jessie said. It was so weird to be in a place that everyone knows everyone but I knew no one. I kind of liked it like that. I was getting a hub punch which was sweet and solid when the manager of Hub walked past me and I almost died from how sexy he is. Something about his position of power, the earpiece in his ear, and the fact that he was in MArly's math class make him so sexy. As RZ says, I die. So we get home at 230 am, I made some kick ass TOTINOS and apparently fell asleep on the couch because this morning I woke up with the couch pillow under my face in my own bed. Marly then informed me that she had been throwing up all night. This gross fact compounds the amount of grime in my bathroom thanks to the sex that was had in the shower by my roommate...and now I always wear shoes in there. GREAT.
This morning ginger and I went to Orange for brunch. We had to wait half an hour so we went to the Austrian Bakery to pass the time. Orange was pretty solid--very Sunroom-esque and alternative. My favorite part was definitely the homosexual latin host that strut up and down the restaurant, his scarf flailing in the wind behind him. So Marly got the pancake flight, which has three silver dollars of four different kinds, including carrot and raisin, apple, and sweet potato. Yum. I got a scrambler with mushroom, tomato, and leeks. The restaurant uses all natural ingredients and plays Pandora over the loudspeakers. So hipster, I felt cool. I'm falling asleep right now and I have to go to the follow up to my fat test tomorrow/aka my free personal training session.
Talk to you then,
hungry h hipster

1 comment:

  1. You left out a drunken text convo with me about The Call and The Manager.

    ReplyDelete